You must be a very loving parent to you child thinking that you are providing him everything. However, as a parent you must also know your limitations. It doesn’t mean that loving him makes him as healthy as he can be. Doctors are also needed. They will tell you an official health status of your child.
Events at the office
As you go to the doctor, the first thing to happen is to do some tests to your child. Nurses may administer these tests. Such tests include measuring your child’s weight, height, blood pressure, and body temperatures. They know what range is normal and what is not. These are primary tests that can tell whether your child is healthy or not.
Events with the doctor
After those initial tests, the doctor will now go with the more serious check-up. Here are the following tests that can be done by the doctor:
- The doctor checks your child’s heartbeat with a stethoscope. He will determine if the sound of the heartbeat is normal or not.
- The doctor can check the ears, nose, and throat. Since they know what these parts normally look like, they can easily detect if there is a flaw or defect.
- The doctor will look into the eyes of your child. He can check the vision and if there are some abnormalities in the eyes.
- The doctors will check if there are abnormalities in the abdomen areas. If there are, then this can be the sign of diseases in the stomach, liver, or any other internal parts of the abdomen.
- The doctor will also check the genitals if they are in normal conditions.
- The doctor can also check the bones especially the spine. He will know if there are bone diseases or other bone abnormalities.
These things are the doctors’ normal jobs. They will be the one to tell if the health of your child is in proper condition. This is to avoid any other more serious problems. Raise your child to be as healthy as he can be.